Monday, August 25, 2014

The May Reunion: 21 May - Present

             I used to joke about being in a band some day….well that day has finally come. It came one fine evening in May when I was made (by Anna) to sing for Russell and Andy (two guys she met in her apartment complex). They liked my voice and invited me to join them in making music. Thus began my involvement with “The May Reunion”.

It was quite appropriate that I join “The May Reunion” in the month of May, don’t you think? Andy and Russell, two Californians and long time friends, first gave their band that name because of a promise they made in 2007 to reunite as friends in 2017, in the month of May. Well it turns out they reunited much earlier than they had planned. They started a band and called it the May reunion.

It’s purely for fun, none of us are serious about making it big—but I know that Russell has plans to record an album and we enjoy playing where we can here and there.

What is my part in the band you’re probably wondering? Well I do sing of course, that’s how I got hired in the first place. But that’s not all! I play 4 instruments: tambourine, triangle, glockenspiel, and melodica! I’ve had fun with it. If I were in charge of a band, the sound would be a bit different, and I’d write about different stuff, but I’m all right with the music that Russell and Andy write. I told them that I want to start writing music about my ancestors. I wasn’t sure how they felt about that idea, but I think it’d be fun!! Follow the May Reunion to find out!


Celebrating with friends after we won the first round of the battle of the bands at Velour.

"Hot Air Balloon" at the second round of battle of the bands.

Casual show at Guru's Cafe. We played for an hour and got $50 of free food.

We played one song at a recording studio with a possibility of it being used on TV. Haven't heard yet if that is happening. Probably not but it was still fun.

Show at Velour. We actually got paid for this one.


My biggest fans on my left and right sides: Jared and Anna
Our T-shirts!

 Recording "Rescue Me"




Some articles about us:


Copy and paste the URL to listen to the recording of "Rescue Me": http://www.reverbnation.com/themayreunion




No comments:

Post a Comment