Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Finding the Church, and more FUN.

I located a church that is really only about 15 minutes or less away from the house. We went to find it Saturday night so that I would be able to drive straight there on Sunday with no problem. Can you believe we found a church just 15 minutes away?!?

So, I went to church and it was really great. The whole experience was actually a testimony builder to me.
It really doesn't matter where you go in the world, you can always feel at home when you find the members of the church. I love the consistency in the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and the organization. It is definitely a testimony to it's truthfulness. I was truly impressed by all the meetings I attended. I was very fortunate to have someone able and willing to translate for me in each meeting. There were even some sister missionaries there and one was from Centerville, Utah! She was one of my translators. :) The teachers all did such a wonderful job, everything that was shared just seemed to have an extra impact on me.

Needless to say, I will be going back there next week and I'm planning to attend a ward in Geneva, Switzerland as well, since its only 30 minutes away and it is English speaking. I'm hoping to make some friends that may be interested in showing me around some different places in my free time.

I forgot to take pictures of the Church, I will have to do that next week.


Things are still going great! I just keep thinking what a sweet deal this really is! So glad I decided to come!
I started reading "Bridge to Tarabithia" to the kids, and yesterday we made brownies. They loved that. We play a lot of games together and I'm also helping the kids a little bit with math and other things. I arranged a sweet scavenger hunt for them today, just around the house and yard. The "treasure" at the end of the hunt was a game called "Spot it". They really got a kick out of the scavenger hunt and they love the game as well. We go on a lot of walks and I LOVE that.



Aline, Ryan, and Ariane

We took a little drive to see the Old Village where the Mattana family used to live.
This is the view if you drive up to the top.
This old train track is near their house and now serves as a fun little pathway

Just going for a little stroll with Griffin (dog) and the kids

Aline


Ryan (Is he not adorable?!)

This is their house.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! Glad you're finding good things to do. I loved the Bridge to Terabithia! It made me sob uncontrollably. I hope they like it :)

    ReplyDelete